Welcome to the South Country PTA
Warm welcome to our new incoming and returning families! It takes the combined efforts of both the home and the school working together, to successfully educate our children. We invite each and every parent to become partners in education and join their school's PTA.
The New York State Congress of Parents and Teachers, Inc. (NYS PTA) recognizes that every child deserves excellence in education and in quality of life. NYS PTA will maintain its commitment and service to all children and to its diverse membership through increased parent and community awareness, advocacy, education, and involvement.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
In an effort to promote safety of the student athlete, the PTA Council and South Country School District's Parent
University sponsored a "Concussion Management" workshop, presented by Dr. Hayley Queller. Click here to view the presentation.